Whether you’re finding the perfect dress for wedding season, kids’ back-to-school clothing, or your new favorite walking shoes, we know shopping online can be tricky in the size department. Size charts can help, but if you don’t know your measurements, where do you even begin?
We know how important it is to find the right size, so we’ve prepared this guide to finding your measurements for a perfect fit. We recommend writing down your measurements so you can compare them to Wish Merchant’s individual size charts.
- Wrap a tape measure around your chest.
- Bring it around your back so that the ends come together in front, across the widest part of your chest.
- Note: Try not to puff up your chest and make sure the tape measure is not twisted.
The place where the end of the tape measure meets with the other side is where you'll find your chest size.
- Start at the top of your hip bone, then bring the tape measure all the way around your body, level with your belly button.
- Make sure it's not too tight and that it's straight, even at the back. Don't hold your breath while measuring.
The place where the end of the tape measure meets with the other side is where you'll find your waist size.*
|*Tip: Check the number on the tape measure right after you exhale for the most accurate measurement.|
- Stand with your feet together.
- Wrap the measuring tape around the widest hip point just below your hip bone.
- Note: Make sure it doesn't twist.
The place where the end of the tape measure meets with the other side is where you'll find your hip size.
- Find your favorite pair of pants that fit just right.
- Lay them flat on the floor.
- Carefully measure the length from the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
The number you see where the tape measure hits the cuff is your inseam.
- Place a ruler on the ground, perpendicular to a wall.
- With your bare foot, step on the ruler with the back of your heel against the wall.
The measurement taken at the longest part of your foot determines your shoe size.
Article is closed for comments.