Scope and Overview
ContextLogic Inc. is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. This Applicant Privacy Notice describes how ContextLogic Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and related entities (collectively, “Wish,” “we,” or “us”) collect and process personal data about you during the application and recruitment process.
If you are a resident of the United Kingdom, Switzerland, or the European Economic Area, ContextLogic Inc. and ContextLogic B.V. each act as a controller of your personal data.
Accessing the Employee Privacy Notice
If you are a former or current employee, please email our Human Resources team at HR@wish.com to receive a copy of our employee privacy notice, which contains more details about how we process and use your Personal Information during and after your employment.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
The remainder of this Applicant Privacy Notice applies to job applicants only. We will only process your personal data in accordance with this Applicant Privacy Notice unless otherwise required by applicable law.
Collection of Personal Data
For the purposes of this Applicant Privacy Notice, personal data means any information about an identifiable individual collected in connection with the job application or recruitment process. Wish may collect personal data directly from you, as a job applicant, or may receive personal data from third parties, for example, in connection with a background, employment, or reference check, subject to your consent where required by law. Personal data excludes anonymous or de-identified data that is not associated with a particular individual. We may collect, store, and process the following categories of personal data, in connection with our recruiting activities, including but not limited to:
- Identifying information, such as your full name, date of birth, and signature.
- Demographic data, such as race, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, disability, and veteran or military status.
- Contact information, such as your home address, telephone numbers, email addresses, and emergency contact information.
- National identifiers, such as Social Security Number (SSN), passport and visa information, and immigration status and documentation.
- Educational and professional background, such as your work history, academic and professional qualifications, educational records, references, and background checks.
- Employment details, such as your requested job title, position, hire dates, compensation, trade union membership, and job preferences.
- Other information, such as personal data provided by you in your job application, resume, CV, cover letter, interviews, and accommodation requests.
Use of Personal Data
We only process your personal data under the following circumstances: where applicable law permits or requires it in connection with carrying out our application and recruitment process, to take steps necessary to enter into an employment contract with you, where the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation that applies to us, for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of third parties, or with your consent if applicable law requires consent. We may process your personal data for any of the following business purposes:
- Identifying and evaluating job applicants, including assessing skills, qualifications, and interests to determine suitability for the position for which you have applied.
- Verifying your information and carrying out employment, background, and reference checks, where applicable, subject to your consent where required by applicable law.
- Communicating with you about the recruitment process and your application.
- Keeping records related to our hiring processes, for only as long as appropriate under the circumstances.
- Creating and submitting reports as required by applicable laws or regulations.
- Complying with our legal, regulatory, or other corporate governance requirements.
- Analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process.
- Informing you of future open positions.
- Ensuring the security and integrity of our network and information systems.
We will only process your personal data for the purposes we collected it for or for compatible purposes or as otherwise required by law. You will not be subject to hiring decisions based solely on automated data processing without your prior consent.
Collection and Use of Special Categories of Personal Data
We may collect and process the following special categories of personal data when you voluntarily provide them, or if we receive them from a third party with your consent, when relevant for a particular position to carry out our obligations under applicable employment laws, or as applicable law otherwise permits:
- Physical or mental health condition or disability status to determine appropriate workplace accommodations and evaluate fitness for a particular position.
- Race or ethnic origin to comply with statutory obligations.
- Previous criminal charges or convictions where relevant for the position.
Where we have a legitimate need to process special categories of personal data about you for purposes not identified above, we will only do so after providing you with notice and, if required by law, obtaining your prior, express consent.
Data Sharing & Cross-Border Data Transfers
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties where required by law or to our employees, contractors, designated agents, or third-party service providers who require such information to assist us with administering the application or recruitment process. We may use third-party service providers for various purposes, including obtaining employment verification and background checks and data storage or hosting.
Where permitted by applicable law, we may transfer the personal data we collect about you to the United States and other jurisdictions that may not be deemed to provide the same level of data protection as your home country for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. Where such transfers occur, Wish complies with the cross-border data transfer and export control laws of the countries in which it operates. If you are in the EU, we have implemented the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses to secure the transfer of your personal data to the United States and other jurisdictions.
We have implemented appropriate physical, technical, and organizational security measures designed to secure your personal data against accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, as required to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, or as necessary to address any disputes or legal matters. We specify the retention periods for your personal data in our data retention policy.
If you are offered and accept employment with Wish, the personal data we collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record, and we may use it in connection with your employment consistent with our employee personal data policies. If you do not become an employee, we will retain and securely destroy your personal data in accordance with our document retention policy.
Rights of Access, Correction, Erasure, and Objection
By law, you may have the right to request access to, correct, and erase the personal data that we hold about you, or object to the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances. You may also have the right to request that we transfer your personal data to another party. If you want to exercise these rights, contact us at HR@wish.com.
Right to Withdraw Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing, and transfer of your personal data, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at HR@wish.com.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee compliance with this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions about this Applicant Privacy Notice or how we handle your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer at DPO@wish.com. If you are unsatisfied with our response to any issues that you raise with the Data Protection Officer, you may have the right to make a complaint with the data protection authority in your jurisdiction by contacting the data protection authority.
Changes to This Applicant Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update this Applicant Privacy Notice at any time. If updates are made to this Applicant Privacy Notice, we will make the new Applicant Privacy Notice accessible and available to you.
Article is closed for comments.