If you believe that your package is lost or has been stolen upon delivery, we suggest trying the following:
- First, confirm that your package has been marked ‘Delivered,’ and verify that it was sent to the correct address. In some instances, the carrier may have delivered the package to the wrong address or marked the package as ‘Delivered’ when it arrived at your local sorting center.
- Check your surrounding areas. The carrier may have left your package in a hidden area near your door to keep it from being stolen.
- Check with your family, friends, or roommates. If your packages are being shipped to your home, someone you live with may have accepted the delivery on your behalf.
- Check with your neighbors. The package may have accidentally been delivered to your neighbor’s address. In some instances, your neighbors may take your package in for safekeeping until you’ve arrived home.
- If your shipping address is located in an apartment complex, condominium, or an office building, check with the front desk. The shipping carrier may choose to leave your package with the front desk or lobby attendant.
- Check with your local post office or the carrier. If your package is being delivered by your local postal service, check to see if your package is being held at the post office. Alternatively, if your package is being delivered by a private shipping carrier (e.g. FedEx, UPS, etc.), check to see if your package is being held at one of their nearby locations.
- File a theft report at your local police station. If you have proof that your package was stolen, we recommend filing a report with your local police. This could help prevent future theft in your area.